- This event has passed.
Catford Mews' Monthly Comedy Club
January 9, 2020 @ 8:00 pm - 10:15 pm
Save for Later
Beat the blues this January at Catford Mews, London’s newest independent entertainment venue, as they launch South London’s New Monthly Comedy Club on Thursday 09 January 2020.
Laugh the night away to six up and coming comedians, who will take to the stage for an evening of great jokes, jibes and gags. The evenings MC will be Nena Edwards and comedians performing in January will include:
- Don Biswas: Finalist of the Leicester Square Theatre New Comedian of the Year. Twice winner of the Comedy Store King Gong Show. “His unique set combines both razor sharp one-liners … Quirky observational, political and topical humour.” Review: Edinburgh Giants.
- Arielle Souma: BBC comedy award shortlist 2019. “A whirlwind of attitude, not just offering opinions but laying down the law … no-nonsense African sass … a force to be reckoned with.” Chortle. “Her distinctive style is punchy, blunt, accessible and empowering!”.
- Susie Steed: Funny Women regional finalist 2018. “Spending an hour in her (Susie’s) company is a charming alternative to doing just about anything else during the Fringe.” (MumbleComedy.net).
- Andy Storey: Finalist BBC New Comedian of the year 2015. “One of the most naturally funny comedians.” James Gill (CH4). “Andy Storey is so dry he is arid … hugely enjoyable … better than a bottle of Pinot.” Sue Pollard. Andy is one of the most exciting, original and idiosyncratic rising stars of the post alternative comedy scene.
- Darren Walsh: Best Joke Leicester Comedy Festival Awards 2019. UK’s First Pun Champion. Top 10 Jokes of the Edinburgh Fringe in The Guardian, The Mirror & The Scotsman. “The most pun you can have with your clothes on. Punbelievable!” ★★★★★ – The Mirror, ★★★★ – Sunday Express. ★★★★ – Edinburgh Festival Magazine.
- Jenan Younis: BBC New Voices 2019 runner up. 99 Comedy Club 2018 finalist. “Sharp, hip, smart comedian – not to be missed!” The List. “Unique viewpoint” Chortle. “Witty, dry current humour” The Monday Club. “Sharp wit and satire” The Hip Hop Magazine
Spearheading a revival of the Catford Centre, Catford Mews is a 14,000 sq ft venue providing a multi-screen cinema, live entertainment space for music and comedy, pop-up food market with local traders, an eventually co-working areas and exhibition space. The cinema is the first multi-screen in Lewisham in almost 20 years and all programming is done in house in partnership with the Independent Cinema Office (ICO), with extensive consultation with the local community to select films.
Doors opens at 7:30pm, the show will start at 8pm and will run until 10.15pm. Tickets are £5 and are available to buy at the Catford Mews box office or online here: https://catford-mews.co.uk/whats-on/catford-mews-comedy-club/
Please note event is 18+ only.