- This event has passed.
Cross-Network Black History Month Launch
October 1, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Save for Later
Join us for the Cross-Network Black History Month launch event! With a theme of Black Pioneers and Visionaries, this event will celebrate the achievements of our Black British community and highlight perspectives on issues such as senior Black representation and tackling racism. Join us for a dynamic (virtual) day of panel discussions, fireside chats and creative elements. Please RSVP for morning and afternoon sessions separately.
Morning speakers include:
- Alex Chisholm, Chief Operating Officer, Civil Service
- Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Minister for Clean Growth (Conservative Party)
- Marsha de Cordova MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (Labour)
- Humza Yousaf MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Scottish Government (SNP)
- Prof Kevin Fenton, Regional Director, Public Health England
- Lord Simon Wooley, Founder and Director, Operation Black Vote
- Bernadette Thompson, Co-Chair, Race to the Top G6/7
- Roxanne Ohene, Deputy Director, National Leadership Centre & Co-Chair, Race to the Top SCS
Afternoon speakers include:
- Nicola Williams, Service Complaints Ombudsman, Ministry of Defence
- Sandra Kerr, National Campaign Director, Business in the Community’s Race Equality Campaign
- Gamiel Yafai – Managing Director at Diversity Marketplace and Author & award winning Diversity & Inclusion Strategist.
- Annette Webb, Core Organiser, BHM Launch 2020
This event is co-organised by the Civil Service Race Forum in partnership with race networks from Cabinet Office, CPS, DCMS, Defra, DIT, DWP, FCDO, Home Office, HMT, Insolvency Service, Land Registry, MHCLG, Met Office, MoJ, BEIS and Scottish Government and cross-government networks Race to the Top G6/7 and the BAME Fast Stream Network.
Please RSVP using your Civil Service email, otherwise your registration will be declined. Participants will be sent the MS Teams link 3 working days before the event. If your work IT does not allow you access to MS Teams, please download the app on a personal device.
For any enquiries, please email email@example.com.