- This event has passed.
Dismantling Your Own Bias: The Necessary Steps to Racial Equity
July 1, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Save for Later
Deep, consistent self-reflection is one of the most important steps you can take to dismantle oppression and move towards racial equity. This is a four part class that meets every Wednesday for four weeks:
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020 (1pm-4pm PST/4pm-7pm EST)
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020 (1pm-4pm PST/4pm-7pm EST)
- Wednesday, July 15, 2020 (1pm-4pm PST/4pm-7pm EST)
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 (1pm-4pm PST/4pm-7pm EST)
Race, equity, and inclusion work triggers strong emotions and responses of defensiveness and resistance. Understanding that change is difficult, this class is a brave healing space where we can unpack our own biases, deal with fragility, address trauma, and understand how we can show up in solidarity with other marginalized communities.
By the conclusion of this workshop, you’ll:
1. Walk away with the ability to acknowledge your own biases without shame or judgment
2. Assess where you are on the racial justice journey towards dismantling your own biases and what you need to do to move towards true allyship and co-conspiratorship
3. Determine how your own biases may impact other groups and individuals from a
4. Create an individual action plan containing your next steps towards racial equity
This small group cohort is made up of individuals like you. As a group, you’ll share, learn from one another, and support each other as you go through the course.