Subscribe to Announcements
Subscribe to Business
Subscribe to Community
Subscribe to Education
Subscribe to Entertainment
Subscribe to Fashion
Subscribe to Health
Subscribe to News
Subscribe to Stories
Subscribe to Uncategorized
Subscribe to Updates
“And how are the children?” – Part Two
August 22 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- This event has passed.
Event: “And how are the children?” – Part Two
Start Date: 22 Aug 2020 9:00 am
End Date: 22 Aug 2020 10:30 am
Venue: Online Event
“Kasserian Ingera,” or “And how are the children,” is a traditional Masai greeting that acknowledges the high value the Masai always place on their children’s well-being.
You’re invited to a three-part series with Black local, state and national experts addressing the question “How are the children?” by discussing the following topics:
- The preexisting challenges in the community, the impact of COVID-19 on education and our country after George Floyd
- The educational challenges Black children face across the continuum of education.
- The solutions we can generate to ensure academic success in a virtual learning environment
These conversations will be moderated by Debra Watkins, Founder Emerita & Director of Strategic Partnerships at A Black Education Network (formerly the California Alliance of African American Educators).
Independent Black School + What resources might Black parents need?
The second session in our series features the following panelists on August 22:
- Dr. Darlene V. Willis, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Concerned Parents Alliance/College Bound Programs
- Tovi C. Scruggs-Hussein, Educational Leader & Healer; National Board President – Coalition of Schools Educating Mindfully
- Tony Browder, Co-Founder, Cultural Imperative Program
- Queen Taese, Founder, Liberated Minds Homeschool Expo