- This event has passed.
Medical Apartheid: European experiments on African bodies
October 9, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Save for Later
Medical Apartheid: 400 years of European experiments on African Bodies.
A review of the scientific experiments and research performed on Black
people to refine various drugs and medical treatments for use with white people. We also detail chemical and biological warfare.This presentation will draw on Harriet Washington’s book of the same name, various documentation from World War 1 and 2, Aboriginal history, Vietnam, US Prisons, Porton Down, Ivory coast, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Australia, Nigeria, Somalia, Kenya and South Africa
It will cover:
- Piracy, Poisons and East Africa
- Radioactive People: North Africa and the Pacific
- Birth and Crowd Control: The South African Solution, Project Coast
- National Security Memorandum 200
- Vic Mackie and Congressional Inquiries
- The ‘War on Drugs’, Haiti, Jamaica, USA
- The Mau Mau, Kenya, Sierra Leone and Afghanistan
This event is brought to you in association with LSE Students Union Black History Month.
This event will start promptly, latecomers will miss out and may not get a seat.This event is free but donations accepted
Watch out for our coming walks, talks and films.at www.blackhistorywalks.co.uk
See previous Queen Nzingha lectures here https://www.youtube.com/blackhistorywalks
#blackhistory #blackhistorymonth #bhm #history