- This event has passed.
Secrets of Black British History with Robin Walker
October 26, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Save for Later
Robin Walker is the author of the masterpiece 800-page book on ancient African history ‘When We Ruled’ http://www.whenweruled.com/
He has now co-written a new book, Black British history: Black Influences on British Culture (1948 to 2016) http://amzn.to/2wjWQfA designed for adults as an educational resource.
This audio-visual presentation of the book, by the author, will cover:
- Challenging ignorant historians
- Origins of Carnival
- The National Front and domestic terrorism
- The Africanisation of Black Britain
- Teddy Boys, Skinheads and the Black music connection
- Calypso to Garage to Grime, a genesis
- The origin of British R&B
- Civil Rights in Britain, leaders and activists
- The impact of Black migrants on the NHS
- What was the fourth musical culture Black migrants brought to the UK?
- Origins of Black history month in Britain
- Plus Question and Answer session
The paradox of education is that as one begins to become conscious one begins to examine the society in which he/she is being educated