- This event has passed.
Success Talks with Broderick Hunter
October 9, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Save for Later
As a male model and actor with a social media following of 160k+, Broderick Hunter made an appearance on HBO’s hit series Insecure (Link) and has become one of the most widely recognized male models in the industry with leading roles in music videos alongside recording artist Ciara & The Wanted, being named one of PEOPLE Magazine’s “Most Sexiest Men Alive”, listed as one of the Most Stylish Male Models on Instagram by GQ Magazine and was one of the faces of POLO RALPH LAUREN. He has been the face of various publications including British GQ, Cosmopolitan US, Buzzfeed and 360 Magazine.
He will be interviewed by UK Social Media personality Breeny Lee at the London College of Fashion to provide you with insights on how to maximise your potential and develop the right mindset to be successful in the very competitive fashion modelling industry.
Broderick will discuss:
- How do you stand out in the industry? How do you ensure you stay relevant?
- What are the pitfalls most models experience and how do you get around them?
- How do you turn your large Instagram following into paid jobs?
- What are the biggest misconceptions in the industry that you must aware of?
- What are the biggest challenges in the fashion industry?
- How do you maintain your values if clashes occur in particular situations?
- How do you determine who are the best agencies to represent you the best?
- How will the industry evolve and how do you take advantage of the opportunities?
As a bonus during the evening we will hear from the founders of Shear and Shine Lina Gadi and Aaron Wallace as they discuss how they built Shear and Shine from concept to the UK’s first black owned grooming brand
- Broderick Hunter is a male model and actor
- He has combined social media following of 160,000+
- He is currently on the HBO comedy show Insecure
- He has featured in British GQ, South Africa GQ, Italian GQ, Cosmopolitan US, Buzzfeed, 360 Magazine, Paris Vogue, Italian Vogue and more
- He has represented Sean John, Ralph Lauren, Fantastic Man, Dsquared, ASOS, Phillipp Plein
- He was featured in Ciara’s music video “Sorry”
- Breeny Lee is a UK Blogger, Vlogger and Social Media Personality.
- She has combined social media following of 160,000+ and growing daily with over 3.5 million views on YouTube.
- Her digital content is based around Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle and Travel but her biggest asset is her message. Breeny seeks to use imagery and creativity to capture the hearts of her audience and encourages them to think more deeply. She uses her online platforms to convey a message of self love, self acceptance and self esteem
- Having collaborated with brands such as L’Oréal, bareMinerals, ASOS, Specsavers and MTV to name a few Breeny Lee has fast become an online sensation with adoring fans from the age of 16-35
Aaron Wallace & Lina Gadi
- Co-founders Shear and Shine
- Previously co-founders and Director at Start Young Global, a resource hub for young entrepreneurs.
- Set up the UK’s First Young Entrepreneurs Exhibition and the SYG Awards Ceremony
- Aaron launched the first Shear & Shine barbershop in East Croydon in 2013
- Lina launched Shear & Shine Grooming in January 2016 alongside Aaron Wallace
- They have had their story shared over 50k times on Facebook alone, leading to features in various publications like The Voice Newspaper, The Telegraph, BuzzFeed, BBC Radio, SBTV, Black Hair & Beauty Magazine and more. Their grooming range for men is now available in various UK retail outlets and in France.
Don’t miss out. Book Your Ticket Today!
Included in your Ticket Price:
Goody bag of hair and make up products from Treasure Tress
Access to a special networking reception after the event
Free drink on entry to the networking/after party with Broderick
7 days prior to the event all ticket purchases are final and no refunds are available .
Speakers and timings may be subject to change at any point up to and including the day of the event.
All opinions expressed by individual speakers on the day and in connection with this event reflect their personal views and not those of either the host organisation or any of the organisations to which speakers may be affiliated.
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for Success Talks events. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any Success Talks promotional materials.