Subscribe to Announcements
Subscribe to Business
Subscribe to Community
Subscribe to Education
Subscribe to Entertainment
Subscribe to Fashion
Subscribe to Health
Subscribe to News
Subscribe to Stories
Subscribe to Uncategorized
Subscribe to Updates
Catford Mews Comedy Club
February 6 @ 7:30 pm - 10:15 pm
- This event has passed.
Event: Catford Mews Comedy Club
Start Date: 6 Feb 2020 7:30 pm
End Date: 6 Feb 2020 10:15 pm
Venue: Catford Mews
Laugh out loud this February at Catford Mews, London’s newest independent entertainment venue. Six up and coming comedians will take to the stage for an evening of great jokes, jibes and gags. The evening’s MC will be Nicole Harris. “Engaging, captivating and charming; a whole load of fun” Nicole was the first woman to win the New Jewish Comedian of the Year award and comedians performing alongside will include:
- Nathan Cassidy: ‘Well-crafted and delivered at good pace with everyone leaving the venue with a warm feeling and a smile on their face’ Buxton Fringe Review. ‘A great comedian. His rapport with the audience is instant and constant. Nathan Cassidy seems like becoming a firm favourite’ ★★★★ Broadway Baby.
- Akin Omobitan: Akin is a Nigeria born, London raised stand-up comedian. His comedy is dark and playful. Wrong-footing audiences for sport, Akin blends shadowy storytelling with murky punchlines to walk you through his life’s grey areas. Max Turner Prize Winner 2017, Leicester Square Theatre New Comedian of the Year Finalist 2017, Laughing Horse New Act of the Year Finalist 2018. “An expert example of compelling storytelling.” – Chortle.
- Romina Puma: Romina is a German-born Italian comedian, actor, writer, presenter and disability campaigner who moved to London in 2010. In 2015 she did her first solo show in Brighton and Edinburgh. In 2016 she performed her “Not disabled… Enough!” show at the Leicester Fringe Festival. Romina is an Up the Creek Blackout winner. She joined the Funny Women “one to watch” list in 2016. ‘Vivacious, cheeky and gregarious, an Italian Jenny Éclair’ – Views from the Gods.
- Louise Reay: The first comedian to perform in Chinese for people who don’t speak any Chinese. The first comedian to feature a cast of masked police monitoring their audience. The first comedian to have a whole trilogy of shows banned. Best Show Brighton Fringe 2017 (noinee), Best Emerging Artist Adelaide Fringe 2017 (winner), Edinburgh Fringe Groundbreaker Award 2016 (nominee), Brighton Fringe Award 2016 (nominee), “Louise Reay can legitimately claim to be unique.” – The Independent, “Truly fantastic, utterly out there.” – Al Murray.
- Cressida Wetton: Cressida made her debut at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2016. Cressida’s observations and jokes are quirky, dry, and will certainly get you laughing. “Captivating presence, great response” – The Stand. Funny Women New Act Competition 2018 Regional Finalist, BBC New Comedy Award 2017 Heat, So You Think You’re Funny semi-finalist 2015, Laughing Horse New Act Of The Year semi-finalist 2014.
- Mat Wills: All round good guy, Mat describes himself as ‘everybody’s favourite short’. He is a likable Londoner whose takes have to be heard to be believed. Mat is a regular at the Edinburgh Festival and has recently completed a run of his latest Edinburgh show, ‘Skydive to Stand up”. Finalists of Made in Kent Comedy, and Finalist BBC Radio Kent New Voices.
The night will be raising money for FoodCycle Lewisham, a project run by Rushey Green Time Bank. FoodCycle offers a weekly community meal at the Lewisham Irish Community Centre. The meal is all run by volunteers and uses surplus food, reducing loneliness and food waste.
Spearheading a revival of the Catford Centre, Catford Mews is a 14,000 sq ft venue providing a multi-screen cinema, live entertainment space for music and comedy, and pop-up food market with local traders. The cinema is the first multi-screen in Lewisham in almost 20 years.
Tickets are available at the Catford Mews box office or online here: https://catford-mews.co.uk/whats-on/catford-mews-comedy-club/
Please note event is 18+ only.