- This event has passed.
Clapham Common Walk (October)
October 4, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Save for Later
Due to recent protests and the United Nations International Decade of People of African Descent, we repeat our special walk around Clapham Common to expose the African resistance, presence and history in the area. There are also many homes and establishments literally built from the profits of slavery. This walk features:
- The African Academy, an all black school in the 1800’s
- Black Freedom fighters and the Sierra Leone connection
- African aristocracy in 1800’s London
- Jamaican Maroons and African-Canadians
- How enslaved Africans helped poor English people
- Barclays, Hibbert and other estates built with West Indian money and more
Exact meet point will be sent after booking .
BHW online events for 2020
- African Women Resistance Leaders: Political and Spiritual. Course
- African Superheroes Day
- Inter-generational trauma in Haiti and Louisiana
- Science Fiction and Fantasy in the Caribbean: Barbados
- Black British Race Riots of 1918 and the current relevance
- Medical Apartheid European experiments on Black Bodies Part 1 and 2
- What were Black people doing in World War 1 ?
- The Black History of video games
- Hip Hop and Academia
Join mail list at www.blackhistorywalks.co.uk for advance notice of all events