Subscribe to Announcements
Subscribe to Business
Subscribe to Community
Subscribe to Education
Subscribe to Entertainment
Subscribe to Fashion
Subscribe to Health
Subscribe to News
Subscribe to Stories
Subscribe to Uncategorized
Subscribe to Updates
Igbo Conference 2018: Memory, Culture and Community
April 21, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Event: Igbo Conference 2018: Memory, Culture and Community
Start Date: 21 Apr 2018 10:00 am
End Date: 21 Apr 2018 8:00 pm
Venue: Brunei Gallery, School of Oriental and African Studies
The ‘Memory, Culture and Community’ conference seeks to promote the creation, management and use of records and archives, highlighting the need to preserve the archival heritage of people of Igbo descent around the world, through the sharing of experiences, research and ideas.
Taking place on Saturday 21st April at the prestigious Brunel Gallery on the grounds of School of Oriental and African Studies, highlights of the 7th annual Igbo conference include:
– A keynote speech from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, one of the worlds most well-known authors, winner of the Orange prize of the decade for Half of a Yellow Sun, author of We Should All Be Feminists and much more besides
– Debates and panel discussions
– Interactive workshops, learn how to record history so that it can be passed down to loved ones, lest we forget.
– Films and performance pieces
– Presentation of historical artefacts
– Lunch and refreshments
– And more
This will be a comprehensive, thought provoking, interesting and educational conference. If you were at the sell out event last year, you know what to expect.
If you weren’t, come and learn, and be part of, history.
Saturday 21st April 2018, 10.00am-8.30pm
Brunei Gallery, School of Oriental and African Studies, Thornhaugh St, London WC1H OXG
Tickets: £50. Concessions available for unemployed, students and retired
Buy online at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-7th-igbo-conference-memory-culture-community-tickets-42433226924www.igboconference.com
Thanks for visiting, you can use the button below to quickly share with your friends, family or colleagues