- This event has passed.
Powerlist Influencers Awards Gala Dinner – Powerlist 11th Anniversary
October 24, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Save for Later
For the past eleven years, the most powerful and influential people of African, #African #Caribbean and African American heritage from across the country have been celebrated in an annual Powerlist, which is launched at a high-end elite event.
On Tuesday 24 October 2017 Powerful Media will celebrate the 11 year anniversary of the #Powerlist and the launch of the 2018 Powerlist at the EY sponsored Powerlist Influencers Dinner at the renowned Drapers’ Hall.
As anyone who has attended our previous launches at the V&A, Mansion House and Goldsmiths’ Hall will attest, this is by far the most prestigious corporate event in the African, African Caribbean and African American calendar. This black tie gala dinner offers a chance to network with UK’s movers and shakers and is an opportunity for you and your organisation to meet C-Suite execs in tech and financial services, law firms; leaders in the arts; some of the UK’s top surgeons and physicians; world champion sports stars; entertainment stars; and highly regarded religious and community leaders.
In keeping with the high-end nature and celebration of excellence that define this event, our sponsors are EY, Lloyds Banking Group, Executive Leadership Council, Viacom and Thomson Reuters.
The evening starts with a champagne reception, followed by a tasteful dining experience in the sumptuous Great Hall and a senior government/business focussed speaker will deliver the keynote speech. The entertainment provided at this star studded event will be amazing but there will still be time to network too as that is what the Powerlist receptions are all about.
Furthermore, the evening also doubles as a fundraiser and there will be a silent auction with some truly amazing lots on offer to help raise funds for the our associated charities who work tirelessly in the diversity space to help children of African & African Caribbean origin realise their full potential.
History of the Powerlist launch event – Past venues & keynote speakers:
- 2008 The Foreign & Commonwealth Office – Keynote: Gordon Brown, the then PM.
- 2009 10 Downing St – Keynote: Gordon Brown, the then PM.
- 2010 JP Morgan’s Iconic “School Building” – Keynote: CEO of Credit Suisse Tidjane Thiam, the then CEO of Prudential.
- 2011 10 Downing St – Keynote: David Cameron, the then PM.
- 2012 JP Morgan’s “School Building” – Keynote: CEO of Credit Suisse Tidjane Thiam, the then CEO of Prudential.
- 2013 Tate Modern – Keynote: Diezani Alison-Madueke, the then Oil Minister of Nigeria.
- 2014 Mansion House – Keynote: PM Theresa May, the then Home Secretary.
- 2015 Victoria & Albert Museum – Keynote: Matthew Barzun, the then US Ambassador to the UK.
- 2016 Goldsmiths’ Hall – Keynote: Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London.
This year will be extra special to celebrate and highlight the outstanding contribution made by influential women of African, African Caribbean and African American heritage in the UK.
Don’t miss out!