- This event has passed.
Celebrating Service Personnel for Black History month
October 1, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Save for Later
Previousy, many service personnel had approached me* regarding the lack of publicity and information of the contribution and sacrifice made by servicemen and women from the Caribbean and Africa.
This is more evident on public remembrance parades.
To address this, celebrate African History Month, write our own history of events and educate the mis-informed we at WASP initiated a March Past and ceremony for our fallen comrades 7 years ago.
This event is for all service personnel Army, Navy, Merchant Navy, Air force, the fire brigade, nurses, police etc, who have been or are in service.
If you are not service personnel please come along, capture images and support.
Until we meet,
1. The March will be on Sunday 1st October 2017, we assemble at 10.15am – venue tbc
2. The march will commence promptly at 11am sharp.
3. All servicemen and women who will be wearing their uniform on this parade please ensure that you obtain permission from your commanding officer first.
4. Those of you in a wheelchair please inform us, so that we can provide a helper to push you in the parade, if you do not have a helper already.
5. After the march, the ceremony and the laying of wreaths, all are invited back to WASP Head Quarters at 161-167 Clapham Manor Street, SW4 6DB for tea and coffee
6. Transportation: Nearest train station is Wandsworth Road Train Station
7. Nearest Underground Station: Clapham Common Underground Station
8. Buses: 35, 37, 88, 137, 322, 345, 417
9. Road: The A24/A3 are major roads through Clapham.
Do you have any other queries?
161-167 Manor Street, Clapham, London SW4 6DB.
Tel: 07956 471 828
West Indian Association of Service Personnel