- This event has passed.
What to do if Linksys WiFi extender is not working
November 29, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Save for Later
If you notice that your Linksys WiFi extender is no longer visible on the home network, this is something you need to take care of seriously. There can be loads of reasons why your extender is not working and providing you with multiple problems. The most common cause of this issue is an unsuccessful Linksys extender setup. In this tutorial, we are going to discuss some troubleshooting tips which will surely help you in making your extender up and running properly. Let’s get the ball rolling.
- Reboot the extender once
The most obvious solution to this issue is rebooting. Unplug your Linksys extender from the wall socket. Wait for a few minutes. Afterward, plug it back on again. But make sure the wall outlet is not damaged and receiving fluctuation-free power supply. This should resolve the issue and make your extender work flawlessly again.
- Check if the extender is set up properly
As we mentioned earlier, an improper Linksys extender setup will cause such an issue. So walk through the steps given below for setting up the extender accurately:
- Unplug the extender from power socket.
- Disconnect all the connected devices from the network.
- Wait for some time.
- Turn on the range extender by plugging it into a wall outlet.
- Put it to a neat and clean place.
- Connect it to Linksys extender setup-xxx
- Now open any web browser on your computer.
- Navigate to Extender.linksys.com webpage.
- Follow on-screen prompts to set up the extender.
Fab! You have set up your Linksys extender properly. Enjoy the internet access on your all smart devices without any interruptions.
- Reposition your WiFi extender
In case you find that your device is not providing the accurate results, try repositioning it. The incorrect position of it may result in issues while accessing Linksys extender router login page. For the initial setup, you can put the extender to an airy and hygienic place. Once you install the WiFi booster successfully, place it anywhere as per your comfort. However, keep in mind to do not put it near the electromagnetic field, concrete walls, windows, metal objects, reflexive surfaces as well as electronic appliances.
- Cross check the WPS setup is configured accurately
WPS is a short term used for WiFi Protected Setup. It is the easiest way to install and configure Linksys wireless extender. The best part of this method is that it doesn’t require you to enter the password for making a reliable connection with the network contradicting to that of Linksys extender.linksys.com method. In case you are using this method for the setup, bear in mind that you have configured the WPS settings correctly. If not, you may come across Linksys extender stopped working issue. That’s why it is recommended to double check the WPS settings for your device. But if you find any difficulty, opt for our technical support from certified and skilled technicians.
- Reset the WiFi extender
If nothing works for you, consider resetting as the last resort. Once done with the reset, your extender will restore all the default setting values. Doing so will clear the setting changes done by you, including username and password for Linksys extender login, WPS settings, network name or SSID, WiFi password, etc.
Here’s how to reset Linksys range extender:
- Turn on the extender properly.
- Find the reset button on it.
- As soon as you found, press it gently.
- Unplug the device for some time.
- Plug it back on again.
Now wait for the device to retrieve the default factory settings. After that, you are free to change the settings according to your preferences.
Other troubleshooting tips to consider
- Switch on your PC and click on wireless icon.
- Connect to a reliable and fast internet connection.
- Enter the right password for linksys.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
That’s all! The issue you were facing must be resolved now. Let us know which method actually fixed the issue via comments section below.